Film, Video The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration
About this Item
- The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration
- Ann McClellan discussed her new book, "The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration," at the Library of Congress at on Wednesday, March 30, 2005. The lavishly illustrated volume chronicles the history of the festival and the honoring of the ancient cherry tree, including its role today as an instrument of diplomacy and an eternal sign of the arrival of spring.
- Event Date
- March 30, 2005
- - Ann McClellan's distinguished career included executive positions at the Smithsonian Institution, World Wildlife Fund, the American Lung Association and the American Association of Museums. She is a resident of Washington, D.C.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book : https://www.loc.gov/cfbook
- Running Time
- 32 minutes 11 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3689/.
APA citation style:
(2005) The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3689/.
MLA citation style:
The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3689/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBonsai: Another Special Gift of Trees from Japan In 1976, Japan presented 53 bonsai trees to the United States as a Bicentennial gift. The trees led to the founding of the National Bonsai and Penjing Museum at the U.S. National...
- Contributor: Moore, Sandra - McClellan, Ann - Voss, Stephen
- Date: 2017-04-11
Film, VideoThe Road to Home: My Life and Times Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation of New York, discussed his new autobiography
- Contributor: Gregorian, Vartan
- Date: 2003-05-19
Film, VideoJudgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Nick Kotz discussed his new book, "Judgment Days: Lyndon Baines Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. and the Laws That Changed America" (Houghton Mifflin, 2005), where he draws upon newly...
- Contributor: Kotz, Nick
- Date: 2005-03-01
Film, VideoNational Literary Society of the Deaf Becomes Center for the Book Reading Promotion Partner A program of public events at the Library marked the new partnership between the Center for the Book and the National Literary Society of the Deaf. The Center for the Book, NLSD,...
- Date: 2007-03-13
Film, VideoThe State of the Book Industry 2007 What is the long-term effect of consolidation in the publishing industry? What are the latest sales trends in publishing and in the library market? How is the digital environment changing the book...
- Contributor: Greco, Albert N. - Wharton, Robert M.
- Date: 2007-06-28