Film, Video The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration
About this Item
- The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration
- Ann McClellan discussed her new book, "The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration," at the Library of Congress at on Wednesday, March 30, 2005. The lavishly illustrated volume chronicles the history of the festival and the honoring of the ancient cherry tree, including its role today as an instrument of diplomacy and an eternal sign of the arrival of spring.
- Event Date
- March 30, 2005
- - Ann McClellan's distinguished career included executive positions at the Smithsonian Institution, World Wildlife Fund, the American Lung Association and the American Association of Museums. She is a resident of Washington, D.C.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book : https://www.loc.gov/cfbook
- Running Time
- 32 minutes 11 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3689/.
APA citation style:
(2005) The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3689/.
MLA citation style:
The Cherry Blossom Festival: Sakura Celebration. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3689/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBonsai: Another Special Gift of Trees from Japan
- Contributor: Moore, Sandra - McClellan, Ann - Voss, Stephen
- Date: 2017-04-11
Film, VideoThe State of the Book Industry 2007
- Contributor: Greco, Albert N. - Wharton, Robert M.
- Date: 2007-06-28
Film, VideoA Place for the Arts: The MacDowell Colony, 1907-2007
- Contributor: Rausch, Robin
- Date: 2007-10-30
Film, VideoStephen King and Family Speak at the Library
- Contributor: King, Owen - King, Stephen - King, Tabitha
- Date: 2008-04-04