Film, Video Haven to Home: An American Journey
About this Item
- Haven to Home: An American Journey
- This live performance tells the stories of Emma Lazarus, an immigrant's daughter who became known as Lady Liberty's poet, and Irving Berlin, an immigrant who became one of America's best loved composers. The original play, commissioned by the Hebraic Section and written and directed by Roberta Gasbarre, Director of The Discovery Theater, Smithsonian Associates, explores how the values of liberty, opportunity, and religious freedom shaped American history. The 45 minute presentation was one of the public programs related to the Library of Congress exhibition, "From Haven to Home: 350 Years of Jewish Life in America."
- Event Date
- December 06, 2004
- Related Resources
- 'From Haven to Home' exhibition: https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/haventohome/
- Hebraic Section, African and Middle Eastern Reading Room, Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/hs/hshome.html
- Running Time
- 42 minutes 27 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Haven to Home: An American Journey. 2004. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3712/.
APA citation style:
(2004) Haven to Home: An American Journey. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3712/.
MLA citation style:
Haven to Home: An American Journey. 2004. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3712/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTunisia: Celebrating Fifty Years of Women's Emancipation A symposium titled "Tunisia: Celebrating Fifty Years of Women's Emancipation" was sponsored jointly by the Library's African and Middle Eastern Division and the Embassy of Tunisia. Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day...
- Contributor: Chaabane Farouk, Alifa - Charrad, Mounira - Day O'Connor, Sandra - Laouni, Hayet
- Date: 2006-11-30
Film, VideoTour of Leopold Sedar Senghor Exhibit in African and Middle Eastern Division Reading Room The Library's African and Middle Eastern Division Reading Room presents a special display of Senghor memorabilia featuring signed copies of Leopold Senghor's prolific works from the private collection of Stephen H. Grant,...
- Contributor: Grant, Stephen
- Date: 2006-11-07
Film, VideoLeopold Sedar Senghor: Thinker, Statesman, Poet Souleymane Bachir Diagne, professor of philosophy and religion at Northwestern University, gave a lecture titled "Leopold Sedar Senghor: Thinker, Statesman and Poet" in a program sponsored by the African and Middle Eastern...
- Contributor: Diagne, Souleymane Bachir
- Date: 2006-11-07
Film, VideoVaclav Havel: Dissidents and Freedom Vaclav Havel conducts a forum on "Dissidents and Freedom," featuring eight dissidents and activists from around the world in a program sponsored by the John W. Kluge Center. The event included a...
- Contributor: Dobriansky, Paula - Mohammadi, Manouchehr - Kadeer, Reybia - Mihalevic, Ales - Zin, Min - Havel, Vaclav - Min, Kim Seung - Colas, Ramon Humberto - Afshari, Ali
- Date: 2007-02-20
Film, VideoLife Stories and Memory Making in South Africa Nokuthula Mazibuko presents "Life Stories and Memory Making in South Africa" in a program sponsored by the African and Middle Eastern Division and the Embassy of South Africa. During her presentation, Mazibuko...
- Contributor: Mazibuko, Nokuthula
- Date: 2007-02-26