Film, Video Dawn of the Space Age
About this Item
- Dawn of the Space Age
- Dr. McDowell, an astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics at Harvard University, presented a lecture "Dawn of the Space Age" sponsored by the Science, Technology and Business Division.
- Event Date
- September 13, 2005
- - Jonathan McDowell is an astrophysicist with the Science Data Systems Planning Group in the Chandra X-Ray Center at Harvard. In addition to his day job, he carries out research into the history of the space program and writes a monthly column for Sky and Telescope Magazine.
- Related Resources
- Science Reference Services at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- Running Time
- 44 minutes 31 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dawn of the Space Age. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3757/.
APA citation style:
(2005) Dawn of the Space Age. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3757/.
MLA citation style:
Dawn of the Space Age. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3757/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Tale of Two Gardens Dr. Duke, ethnobotanist and author, presented a lecture about medicinal plants and herbals as part of an occasional noontime lecture series.
- Contributor: Duke, James A.
- Date: 2001-06-11
Film, VideoAnimal Emotions Dr. Michael Fox, the veterinarian who writes the Animal Doctor column for the Washington Post, gave a lecture titled "Animal Emotions"
- Contributor: Fox, Michael
- Date: 2003-11-03
Film, VideoGlaucoma Dr. Eve J. Higginbotham, professor and chair of the Ophthalmology Department of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, discussed glaucoma.
- Contributor: Higginbotham, Eve J.
- Date: 2003-05-27
Film, VideoThe Great Unraveling Mr. Krugman economist, professor and New York Times columnist, discussed his recent book, "The Great Unraveling," which has just been issued in paperback.
- Contributor: Krugman, Paul
- Date: 2004-07-21
Film, VideoThe National Zoo Dr. Spelman discusses her work at the National Zoo, which she serves as director.
- Contributor: Spelman, Lucy
- Date: 2003-04-03