Film, Video Veteran Librarians
About this Item
- Veteran Librarians
- The Veterans History Project, along with the District of Columbia Library Association and the Military Librarians Group of the DC Chapter of the Special Libraries Association, hosted a program on librarians who served in Vietnam. Former "Spec 4s" Fran Buckley, interim director of the District of Columbia Public Library, and Bill Sittig, chief of the Science, Technology and Business Division of the Library of Congress, spoke about their experiences.
- Event Date
- November 01, 2005
- - William Sittig is the chief of the Library's Science, Technology and Business Division.
- - Fran Buckley is interim director of the District of Columbia Public Library.
- Related Resources
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 21 minutes 51 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Veteran Librarians. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3821/.
APA citation style:
(2005) Veteran Librarians. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3821/.
MLA citation style:
Veteran Librarians. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3821/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoKen Burns' "The War" Press Conference The Library of Congress and the Veterans History Project held a joint press conference with PBS and Florentine Films to announce a partnership in connection with "The War," Ken Burns's World War...
- Contributor: Burns, Ken
- Date: 2007-04-17
Film, VideoLet's Travel the World Through Books This event, sponsored by the Library of Congress National Book Festival and the D.C. Public Library, featured master storyteller Diane Macklin, music by the Elise Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School...
- Date: 2011-06-03
Film, VideoFirst Words in Print As part of "Reading Africa," sponsored by the Center for the Book and the African Section of the African and Middle Eastern Division in the Library of Congress and the children's librarians...
- Contributor: Lekuton, Joseph - Trok, Lorato
- Date: 2005-02-08
Film, VideoWilliam McKinley Papers Interview
- Contributor: Sellers, John
- Date: 1996-06-01
Film, VideoLeading with Courage and Compassion Hanh, a Zen Master, poet, peace and human rights activist, delivers a lecture on faith and leadership. This event was part of the annual Capps-Emerson lecture series organized by the Faith &...
- Contributor: Hanh, Thich Nhat
- Date: 2003-09-10