Film, Video Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature
About this Item
- Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature
- Literary scholar Lewis M. Dabney discussed his new book,"Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature" (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2005). One of the early 20th century's most respected men of letters, Wilson (1895-1972) stood at the center of the American cultural scene from the Jazz Age through the McCarthy era. He rose to prominence first as associate editor of The New Republic and later as a book critic at The New Yorker. A versatile journalist and writer, he was exceptionally well read and a student of languages his entire life. His writings ranged from criticism and social commentary to history, fiction and poetry.
- Event Date
- November 02, 2005
- - Lewis Dabney is a professor of English at the University of Wyoming. An acknowledged authority on Wilson, Dabney has edited "The Edmund Wilson Reader" as well as Wilson's last journal, "The Sixties" (1993).
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book in the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/cfb
- Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- Running Time
- 28 minutes, 23 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3835/.
APA citation style:
(2005) Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3835/.
MLA citation style:
Edmund Wilson: A Life in Literature. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3835/>.