Film, Video Books & Beyond: Mystery Writer Dana Stabenow
About this Item
- Books & Beyond: Mystery Writer Dana Stabenow
- Best-selling mystery writer Dana Stabenow discussed her book, "Blindfold Game: A Thriller." While researching "Blindfold Game," she spent 16 days patrolling the Pacific Ocean on board the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Alex Haley. She also reported daily about life aboard the ship on her interactive Web site.
- Event Date
- January 10, 2006
- - Dana Stabenow is the author of 20 novels and an acclaimed travel writer for Alaska magazine. An Alaska native who was raised on a 75-foot fish tender in the Gulf of Alaska, she currently resides in Anchorage. In 1993 she won the prestigious Edgar Award presented by Mystery Writers of America. Stabenow was featured in the Mysteries and Thrillers Pavilion at the 2004 National Book Festival.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: https://www.loc.gov/cfb
- Running Time
- 26 minutes 32 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Books & Beyond: Mystery Writer Dana Stabenow. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3836/.
APA citation style:
(2006) Books & Beyond: Mystery Writer Dana Stabenow. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3836/.
MLA citation style:
Books & Beyond: Mystery Writer Dana Stabenow. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3836/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDana Stabenow Dana Stabenow speaks at the 2004 National Book Festival.
- Contributor: Stabenow, Dana
- Date: 2004-10-09
Film, VideoOn Dupont Circle: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt and the Progressives Who Shaped Our World James Srodes discussed and signed his book, "On Dupont Circle: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt and the Progressives Who Shaped Our World."
- Contributor: Srodes, James
- Date: 2013-03-27
Film, VideoThe Hour of Peril: The Secret Plot to Murder Lincoln Before the Civil War Daniel Stashower discussed and signed his book, "The Hour of Peril: The Secret Plot to Murder Lincoln Before the Civil War," a riveting historical narrative which delves into the "Baltimore Plot" conspiracy...
- Contributor: Stashower, Daniel
- Date: 2013-02-07
Film, VideoThe Southern Journey of Alan Lomax: Words, Photographs, and Music Tom Piazza discussed his new book, "The Southern Journey of Alan Lomax: Words, Photographs, and Music."
- Contributor: Piazza, Tom
- Date: 2013-02-20
Film, VideoLincoln's Code: The Laws of War in American History John Fabian Witt signed and discussed his book, "Lincoln's Code: The Laws of War in American History," which describes Lincoln's development of a code regulating conduct in war whose articles later became...
- Contributor: Witt, John Fabian
- Date: 2013-04-09