Film, Video Benjamin Franklin: A Documentary History
About this Item
- Benjamin Franklin: A Documentary History
- J.A. Lemay presented a lecture on Benjamin Franklin in a program sponsored by the Interpretive Programs Office, Manuscript Division, Center for the Book and Publishing Office. His presentation was based on a compilation of the sources for his projected seven-volume biography of Franklin.
- Event Date
- March 09, 2006
- - J. A. Leo Lemay, currently Henry Francis du Pont Winterthur Professor of Colonial American Literature, went through the ranks at UCLA, 1965-77 (assistant, associate, and professor) and came to Delaware in 1977 as a named professor. Excluding online publications, he has written seven books and edited nine, all in early American literature. His more than fifty articles have appeared in such journals as American Literature, Early American Literature, PMLA and the William and Mary Quarterly, on topics mainly in early American literature but also on Poe, the humor of the Old South and intellectual history.
- Related Resources
- Exhibition: Benjamin Franklin -- In His Own Words: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/franklin-home.html
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 3 minutes, 15 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Benjamin Franklin: A Documentary History. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3855/.
APA citation style:
(2006) Benjamin Franklin: A Documentary History. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3855/.
MLA citation style:
Benjamin Franklin: A Documentary History. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3855/>.