Film, Video Landscape Renovation: New Plantings for the Madison Building Gardens
About this Item
- Landscape Renovation: New Plantings for the Madison Building Gardens
- The planting beds in the front of the Madison Building were completely redesigned in the Spring of 2006. Senior Landscape Architect of the United States Capitol Matthew Evans presented a lecture describing the design which was a collaborative effort of three institutions. The lecture was presented by the Science, Technology and Business Division. Other speakers included Holly H. Shimizu, executive director of the United States Botanic Garden, who selected the plants, and Carl Morgan, gardener supervisor at the Library of Congress, whose crew removed the old bushes, prepared the beds and did the planting. Careful consideration was given to the form, beauty and durability of the plants selected and their placement. About half of the plants are native to this area.
- March 23, 2006
- - Carl Morgan is the gardener supervisor at the Library of Congress.
- - Holly Shimizu is an internationally recognized horticulturist and a former host of the TV program "The Victory Garden."
- - Matthew Evans is the senior landscape architect of the United States Capitol.
- Science, Technology and Business Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- 52 minutes 53 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Landscape Renovation: New Plantings for the Madison Building Gardens. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3905/.
APA citation style:
(2006) Landscape Renovation: New Plantings for the Madison Building Gardens. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3905/.
MLA citation style:
Landscape Renovation: New Plantings for the Madison Building Gardens. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3905/>.