Film, Video America is in the Heart for the 21st Century, Part 2
About this Item
- America is in the Heart for the 21st Century, Part 2
- The Asian Division of the Library of Congress held a daylong symposium on author Carlos Bulosan, titled "America Is in the Heart for the 21st Century." Bulosan depicted the early Filipino migrant experience in the United States and is best known for his book "America Is in the Heart." The Library, in conjunction with the Asian Division Friends Society (ADFS), coordinated the program as a centennial project to commemorate the first-wave migration to Hawaii by Filipino nationals. Our Own Voice, an online literary journal for Filipinos in the diaspora, is the ADFS's partner in the project to reintroduce the writings of Bulosan to the public.
- Event Date
- April 28, 2006
- Related Resources
- Asian Division of the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/asian/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 42 minutes 15 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
America is in the Heart for the 21st Century, Part 2. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3906/.
APA citation style:
(2006) America is in the Heart for the 21st Century, Part 2. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3906/.
MLA citation style:
America is in the Heart for the 21st Century, Part 2. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3906/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAmerica Is in the Heart for the 21st Century, Part 1 The Asian Division of the Library of Congress held a daylong symposium on author Carlos Bulosan, titled "America Is in the Heart for the 21st Century." Bulosan depicted the early Filipino migrant...
- Date: 2006-04-28
Film, VideoLessons Learned from the Repatriation of Mongolian Dinosaurs At the 13th Annual International Mongolian Studies Conference, Bolortsegtseg Minjin discussed cultural heritage protection using the examples of dinosaur fossils and their protection under new Mongolian laws.
- Contributor: Minjin, Bolortsegtseg
- Date: 2019-02-15
Film, VideoUsing the Asian Reading Room Learn how to conduct research in the Asian Reading Room at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Narrator
- Date: 2019-02-04
Film, VideoI Spy a Spy: Social Anxiety & Farce in North Korean Comedy Film Immanuel Kim discussed social anxiety and farce in North Korean comedy film. His presentation plays out against a ghostly landscape of North Korean society, much of which is tragic: the Korean War,...
- Contributor: Kim, Immanuel
- Date: 2019-04-11
Film, VideoLife in Interweaving Phases: The Art of Mitsuko Asakura On the eve of the March 13 opening of her art exhibition at the American Institute of Architects Headquarters Gallery in Washington, D.C., Japanese tapestry artist Mitsuko Asakura discussed her work at...
- Contributor: Asakura, Mitsuko
- Date: 2009-03-12