Film, Video A Modern Queen in a Traditional Role
About this Item
- A Modern Queen in a Traditional Role
- H.R.H. Queen of Buganda Nnabagereka Sylvia Nagginda presented "A Modern Queen in a Traditional Role" in a program sponsored by the African Section of the African and Middle Eastern Division. Nagginda described her work as a traditional ruler and the work of the charitable foundation she established, the Nnabagereka Development Trust.
- Event Date
- September 07, 2005
- - With a master's degree in corporate communications and professional experience as a management consultant, in 1999, Her Royal Highness Nnabagereka Sylvia Nagginda married the Kabaka (King) of Buganda, Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II, the traditional and cultural leader of the almost 7 million Baganda people living in the Republic of Uganda (East Africa). She established the Nnabagereka Development Trust to address public health and development concerns with an emphasis on the needs of children and women.
- Running Time
- 57 minutes 50 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A Modern Queen in a Traditional Role. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3922/.
APA citation style:
(2005) A Modern Queen in a Traditional Role. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3922/.
MLA citation style:
A Modern Queen in a Traditional Role. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3922/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Ancient City of Tyre: Evening Event Following upon a day-long sympoisum on the ancient city of Tyre, an evening event included speeches, a display of books on the city of Tyre and presentation of awards.
- Contributor: Killian, David - Chalabi, Maha El-Khalil
- Date: 2015-06-03
Film, VideoThe Hebrew Superhero Filmmaker Asaf Galay discussed his film, "The Hebrew Superhero," which traces the evolution of Israeli comics from the cultural fringe to a mainstream reflection of Israeli society.
- Contributor: Galay, Asaf
- Date: 2016-03-03
Film, VideoAnalysis & Curation of American Travelers' Visual Documents on Central Asian Nomadic Culture Saule Satayeva discussed her archival research related to American travelers who illuminated Kazakh Nomadic culture through their visual documents from 1876-1937.
- Contributor: Satayeva, Saule
- Date: 2016-03-23
Film, VideoThe Donnie Simpson Show Radio and TV icon Donnie Simpson spoke about growing up in Detroit and his experiences in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Simpson, Donnie
- Date: 2016-04-11
Film, VideoThe Sultan's Gift: Book Diplomacy in the Early Hamidian Period Guy Burak spoke about his work with the Abdul Hamid collection, a reflection of the Ottoman Empire during the reign of one of its last sultans, Abdul-Hamid II.
- Contributor: Burak, Guy
- Date: 2016-04-07