Film, Video Burnt Sugar Cana Quemada
About this Item
- Burnt Sugar Cana Quemada
- The Hispanic Division and the Center for the Book organized a reading of "Burnt Sugar Cana Quemada" (2006) by the editors Oscar Hijuelos and Lori Marie Carlson. "Burnt Sugar" features the best of Cuban poetry in both Spanish and English.
- September 20, 2006
- - This recording is not available.
- - Lori Marie Carlson is the author of two novels and the translator/editor of two best-selling bilingual Hispanic American poetry anthologies.
- - Oscar Hijuelos is a first-generation Cuban American and the first Hispanic American writer to win the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Hispanic Reading Room: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Poetry Resources at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- 20 minutes 29 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Burnt Sugar Cana Quemada. 2006. Web.. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3923/.
APA citation style:
(2006) Burnt Sugar Cana Quemada. [Web.] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3923/.
MLA citation style:
Burnt Sugar Cana Quemada. 2006. Web.. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3923/>.