Film, Video Hispanic Heritage Month Keynote Address
About this Item
- Hispanic Heritage Month Keynote Address
- The Honorable Alberto R. Gonzales, United States Attorney General, delivered the keynote address for the Library's observance of Hispanic Heritage Month. This year's theme was "Hispanic Americans: Our Rich Culture Contributing to America's Future." Gonzales spoke about his journey from humble beginnings to where he is today and of the rich culture and tradition that Hispanic Americans have.
- Event Date
- September 20, 2006
- - Alberto Gonzales was sworn in as the 80th attorney general on February 3, 2005. He has served as counsel to President George W. Bush, a justice on the Texas Supreme Court and in other offices in the Texas state government. Before entering public service, he practiced law in Houston, Texas. Gonzales was born in San Antonio and raised in Houston. He is an Air Force veteran who attended the Air Force Academy and is a graduate of Texas public schools, Rice University and Harvard Law School.
- Running Time
- 19 minutes 54 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hispanic Heritage Month Keynote Address. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3924/.
APA citation style:
(2006) Hispanic Heritage Month Keynote Address. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3924/.
MLA citation style:
Hispanic Heritage Month Keynote Address. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3924/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMarie Arana delivers the 2008 Hispanic Heritage Month keynote address In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, editor and author Marie Arana delivered the keynote address for the Library's celebration. This year's celebration, which runs from Sept. 15 through Oct. 15, had a...
- Contributor: Arana, Marie
- Date: 2008-09-18
Film, Video2007 Disability Employment Awareness Month Keynote Address Rep. Jim Langevin (D-R.I.) delivers the keynote address for the Library's celebration of Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- Contributor: Langevin, Jim
- Date: 2007-10-04
Film, VideoLibrary Accessibility: Facilities, Programs and Services The Library hosted a panel discussion, "Library Accessibility: Facilities, Programs and Services," as part of its celebration of Disability Employment Awareness Month. Presentations were given by John, P.S. Salmen, America Institute of...
- Date: 2007-10-17
Film, VideoOperation Pedro Pan, 1960-1962 Lecture and panel discussion including participants from "Operation Pedro Pan," the largest recorded exodus of unaccompanied children from Cuba, which occurred between December 1960 and October 1962.
- Contributor: Costales, René - Gómez, Susana - Canstaño, Jay - Echazabál, Eloisa
- Date: 2015-05-21
Film, VideoHow to Apply for a Job at the Library of Congress As part of its Hispanic Initiative, Jewel Baldwin gives step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a job at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Baldwin, Jewel
- Date: 2015-05-20