Film, Video Negrura Peruana
About this Item
- Negrura Peruana
- Negrura Peruana perform Afro-Peruvian music and dance from Connecticut, another in the Homegrown 2005 Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Event Date
- October 12, 2005
- - Negrura Peruana performs the music and dance of Peru's African and criollo population from the coastal region just to the south of Lima, the nation's capital. Group members emigrated from Lima to the Hartford area of Connecticut about ten years ago and formed Negrura Peruana in 2002. Group members learned their music, dances and songs in their neighborhoods in Peru, where music was an important part of celebrations, gatherings and informal competitions. Since its founding, Negrura Peruana has become a popular attraction at events held by the growing Peruvian community in Connecticut.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/index.html
- Running Time
- 1 hours 1 minutes 41 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Negrura Peruana. 2005. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3942/.
APA citation style:
(2005) Negrura Peruana. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3942/.
MLA citation style:
Negrura Peruana. 2005. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3942/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends Flory Jagoda, with friends Susan Gaeta, Howard Bass, and Tina Chancey, performs traditional Sephardic music from the former Yugoslavia and other parts of the world as part of the Homegrown Concert Series...
- Contributor: Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007-03-21
Film, VideoOpalanga Pugh: African-American Storytelling from Colorado with Askia Toure on Voice and Drum Opalanga Pugh presents traditional African-American storytelling from Colorado, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Pugh, Opalanga
- Date: 2008-05-28
Film, VideoGary Haleamau: Traditional Hawaiian Music from Las Vegas Gary Haleamau and his band perform traditional Hawaiian slack-key guitar from Nevada, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Haleamau, Gary
- Date: 2008-08-20
Film, VideoThe Bajich Brothers: Tambura Music from Kansas The Bajich Brothers perform tambura music from Kansas, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Brothers, Bajich
- Date: 2008-09-17
Film, VideoBar J Wranglers: Cowboy Music from Wyoming The Bar J Wranglers perform cowboy music from Wyoming, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Wranglers, Bar J
- Date: 2008-10-02