Film, Video The Butterfly Tree
About this Item
- The Butterfly Tree
- The Embassies of Spain and Belgium sponsored a poetry reading of "The Butterfly Tree" by the late Flemish poet laureate Anton van Wilderode (1918-1998). The event was introduced by Georgette Dorn, chief of the Hispanic Division and acting chief of the European Division. The book-length poem in honor of Holy Roman Emperor Charles's travel from the Low Countries (today's Belgium) to the Monastery of Yuste, Spain, was recently translated into four languages. Robert Aubrey Davis, National Public Radio, recited selections in English from "Butterfly Tree." Spanish selections were read by Miguel Angel Martin Ramos, Fundacion Yuste, Spain, and verses in the original Flemish were read by Beatrijs vam Craenenbroek, secretary general and founder of the International Circle of Friends of Anton van Wilderode. A musical program "Deux Mille Regretz" accompanied the poetry recital, with music by Roland Coyn and lyrics by Annton van Wilderode, performed by Echos under the direction of Gretchen Kuhrmann.
- September 14, 2006
- - This recording is not available.
- - Robert Aubrey Davis, a classical radio veteran and knowledgeable fan of choral music, is known for his nationally syndicated program, "Millennium in Music."
- Poetry Resources at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- 1 hours 9 minutes 5 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Butterfly Tree. 2006. Web.. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3944/.
APA citation style:
(2006) The Butterfly Tree. [Web.] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3944/.
MLA citation style:
The Butterfly Tree. 2006. Web.. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-3944/>.