Film, Video End of the Cold War
About this Item
- End of the Cold War
- James Goldgeier, the Henry Alfred Kissinger Scholar in Foreign Policy and International Relations in the John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress, presented a lecture titled "The End of the Cold War and the Struggle Over American Foreign Policy" in a program sponsored by the Kluge Center.
- Event Date
- November 15, 2006
- - James Goldgeier, who held the Kissinger Chair from fall 2005 to spring 2006, is currently the Whitney H. Shepardson Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and a professor of political science at George Washington University. He is writing a book with Center for Strategic and International Studies fellow Derek Chollet on American foreign policy from the fall of the Berlin Wall in November 1989 to the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Goldgeier is also the author of three books and numerous articles on foreign policy and international relations.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: http://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/
- Running Time
- 41 minutes, 43 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
End of the Cold War. 2006. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4004/.
APA citation style:
(2006) End of the Cold War. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4004/.
MLA citation style:
End of the Cold War. 2006. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4004/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAmerica Between the Wars
- Contributor: Goldgeier, James - Chollet, Derek
- Date: 2008-06-12
Film, VideoRussia & U.S. Elections: What to Expect and How to Prepare
- Contributor: Goldgeier, James - Robbins, Carla Anne - Polyakova, Alina - Rid, Thomas
- Date: 2018-10-16
Film, VideoAre Sanctions on Russia Working?
- Contributor: Goldgeier, James - Weiss, Andrew S. - Kendall-Taylor, Andrea - Herrell, Peter
- Date: 2019-02-28
Film, VideoScholarfest S4: War/Peace: Perspectives on the Concept of World Order from Former Kissinger Chairs
- Contributor: De Pero, Mario - Fordham, Benjamin - Szelényi, Balázs - Bockman, Johanna - Evans, Alexander - Mason, Robert - Larres, Klaus - Goldgeier, James - Leffler, Melvyn - Alexseev, Mikhail
- Date: 2015-06-11
Film, VideoShakespeare and Genius
- Contributor: Bloom, Harold
- Date: 2003-03-25