Film, Video The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo
About this Item
- The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo
- The Library of Congress 2006 Literary season continues with Clayton Eshleman reading "The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo." Eshleman, translator of the newly released "The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo," reads poems in English and Peruvian businessman Gonzalo Corzo reads poems in Spanish. Opening remarks are made by Peruvian Ambassador Felipe Ortiz de Zevallos.
- Event Date
- January 26, 2007
- - Clayton Eshleman's "The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo" was published recently by the University of California Press. Since 2003, Eshleman has been professor emeritus at Eastern Michigan University. Eshleman has received numerous awards and fellowships, including a Guggenheim fellowship in poetry (1978) for research on Upper Paleolithic cave art; a poetry fellowship form the National Endowment for the Arts (1979); and several translation grants, including one in 1981 from the Witter Bynner Foundation. His essay "A Translation Memoir," about the nearly 50-year project of translating Cesar Vallejo, appears in the current issue of the American Poetry Review, as well as in the book, "The Complete Poetry." Five collections of Eshleman's translations, five collections of his poetry and two collections of essays have been published in the past decade. His latest book of poetry is "An Alchemist with One Eye on Fire" (Black Widow Press, 2006).
- Related Resources
- Poetry Resources at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 54 minutes 15 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4020/.
APA citation style:
(2007) The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4020/.
MLA citation style:
The Complete Poetry of Cesar Vallejo. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4020/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPoetry Reading by Robert Bly and Coleman Barks Poets Robert Bly and Coleman Bark read selections of their work in a program sponsored by the Poetry and Literature Center.
- Contributor: Barks, Coleman - Bly, Robert
- Date: 2007-05-17
Film, VideoLiterary Birthday Celebration: Paul Laurence Dunbar Poets Holly Bass and Al Young celebrate the birthday of American poet Paul Laurence Dunbar by reading selections from his work and discussing his influence on their own writing.
- Contributor: Young, AL - Bass, Holly
- Date: 2013-06-27
Film, VideoPoets C.D. Wright & David Wagoner Two distinguished poets, C.D. Wright and David Wagoner, will read from their work in an evening presentation at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Wagoner, David - Wright, C.D.
- Date: 2011-03-23
Film, VideoWitter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading 2011 Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin chose two seasoned voices in poetry, Forrest Gander and Robert Bringhurst, to receive the 2011 Witter Bynner Fellowships, and introduced the poets at a ceremony at the Library...
- Contributor: Merwin, W.S. - Gander, Forrest - Bringhurst, Robert
- Date: 2011-04-21
Film, VideoStudent Voices: President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities 826 Workshop U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan speaks to high school students about the importance of arts education and commends them for their participation in the President's Committee on Arts and Humanities Poetry...
- Date: 2011-04-25