Film, Video Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Delivers Keynote Address for Women's History Month
About this Item
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Delivers Keynote Address for Women's History Month
- Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chair of the newly restored House Appropriations Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch, delivered the keynote address for Women's History Month. Speaking to a packed room on the theme "Generations of Women Moving History Forward," Wasserman Schultz complimented the Librarian on his commitment to women in key leadership positions and spoke about her own personal and political history including, in 1992, becoming the youngest woman ever elected to the Florida State Legislature.
- Event Date
- March 14, 2007
- - Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz has represented Florida's 20th Congressional District since 2005. In addition to being the youngest woman ever elected to the Florida State Legislature, where she served for 12 years, Rep. Wasserman Schultz has had many "firsts" in her career. She was selected to be a Senior Whip in her first term in the 109th Congress, the only freshman chosen to serve on the Whip Team. In the 110th Congress she was named Chief Deputy Whip by Speaker Nancy Pelosi and chosen by the House Committee on Appropriations to serve as Chair of the Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch.
- Related Resources
- Women's History Resource: https://www.loc.gov/topics/womenshistory/
- Running Time
- 35 minutes 49 seconds
- Online Format
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Delivers Keynote Address for Women's History Month. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4040/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Delivers Keynote Address for Women's History Month. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4040/.
MLA citation style:
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz Delivers Keynote Address for Women's History Month. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4040/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAndrás Visky's Barrack Dramaturgy Playwright and essayist András Visky discusses his work and his concept of theater, as described in a recent book, "András Visky's Barrack Dramaturgy."
- Contributor: Visky, András
- Date: 2017-09-26
Film, VideoSystemic Evil: Mat Perez v. the FBI Retired FBI Special Agent Samuel Martinez discusses workplace discrimination based on race, gender or age within government agencies.
- Contributor: Martinez, Samuel
- Date: 2016-11-29
Film, VideoLiving Languages: Preservation & Reclamation of Indigenous Languages Gabriela Peréz Báez discusses surmounting the challenges of linguistic and cultural revitalization. The Smithsonian Institution's Recovering Voices initiative provides source communities access to collections in federal cultural agencies, notably those at the...
- Contributor: Báez, Gabriela Peréz
- Date: 2016-11-17
Film, VideoSoundwaves of Feminism: The Women's Music Movement Women's history professor Bonnie J. Morris discussed on the women's music movement. Her talk explored rare materials and cultural changes introduced onstage by feminist and lesbian artists.
- Contributor: Morris, Bonnie
- Date: 2017-03-08
Film, VideoPoetry Reading & Conversation with Immanuel Mifsud Immanuel Mifsud discussed his career and read from his work in an event cosponsored with the Embassy of the Republic of Malta and supported by the Arts Council of Malta in New...
- Contributor: Mifsud, Immanuel
- Date: 2017-02-16