Film, Video Rosie Stewart in Concert
About this Item
- Rosie Stewart in Concert
- Rosie Stewart, a singer from Co. Fermanagh in Ireland, performed in concert, including "Adieu to Lovely Garrison," as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress co-sponsored by the American Folklife Center and The Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure/Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
- Event Date
- May 09, 2007
- - Rosie Stewart, from Belcoo, County Fermanagh, is among the most distinguished of Irish traditional singers. Chosen as "Traditional Singer of the Year" for 2004 by the Irish Language Television Station, TG4, her distinctive voice and style, the dramatic intensity of her "big" song performances and the wicked pleasure she takes in comic ones, make her one of the most sought after singers in Ireland. She has performed throughout Ireland, on radio and television, and in Britain and North America. She has been singing for as long as she can remember and attributes her love of songs to her late father, the singer Packie McKeaney, a major influence and a great encouragement in her career. Stewart is noted for her artistry, her forceful, direct manner and purity of voice and style. She sings local Fermanagh songs including "Adieu to Lovely Garrison," the title of her highly acclaimed CD on Spring Records (1998).
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 3 minutes 53 seconds
- Online Format
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rosie Stewart in Concert. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4066/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Rosie Stewart in Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4066/.
MLA citation style:
Rosie Stewart in Concert. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4066/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSt. George and the Hacker: A Zoom Meeting Mummers Play Mummers plays are short dramatic performances traditionally done around the winter holidays. They usually involve the death of a hero and the hero's resurrection by a doctor. Every year since 2009, the...
- Contributor: Hall, Stephanie - Cutting, Jennifer - Austen, Theadocia - Fenn, John - Thuronyi, George - Scurlock, Eboni - O'Keefe, Hope - Winick, Stephen - De George, Deb
- Date: 2021-12-14
Film, VideoA Musical Demonstration by Gary Hastings and Brian Mullen Flautist Gary Hastings and singer Brian Mullen present a concert and lecture as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress sponsored by the American Folklife Center and...
- Contributor: Mullen, Brian - Hastings, Gary
- Date: 2007-05-29
Film, VideoSept. 11 Documentary Project Ann Hoog discusses the September 11, 2001 Documentary Project. This online presentation forms part of the "Witness and Response, September 11, 2001 Acquisitions at the Library of Congress" online exhibition. The video...
- Contributor: Hoog, Ann
- Date: 2001-09-11
Film, VideoNorth American Influence on a North Ireland Song Collection John Moulden, singer and author from Ulster, presented a lecture titled "North American Influence on a North Ireland Song Collection" as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of...
- Contributor: Moulden, John
- Date: 2007-05-02
Film, VideoDaithi Sproule and Robert Watt Perform in Concert Singer and guitarist Daithi Sproule and Highland bagpiper Robert Watt perform in concert as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress sponsored by the American Folklife Center...
- Contributor: Watt, Robert - Sproule, Daithi
- Date: 2007-05-23