Film, Video A Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy
About this Item
- A Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy
- Zachary M. Baker delivered the eighth Annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book as part of the Library's celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month. The lecture was titled "A Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy." The lecture series honors Myron M. Weinstein (1927-1998), whose 29-year tenure at the Library was spent in the Hebraic Section.
- Event Date
- May 08, 2007
- - Zachary Baker is the Reinhard Family Curator of Judaica and Hebraica Collections at Stanford University Libraries.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle East Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Hebraic Section: http://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/hs/hshome.html
- Running Time
- 57 minutes, 44 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4079/.
APA citation style:
(2007) A Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4079/.
MLA citation style:
A Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4079/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTraditional Judaism or Reform
- Contributor: Rozenblit, Marsha
- Date: 2008-05-06
Film, VideoBreaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947 - and Elie Wiesel
- Contributor: Greenberg, Gershon
- Date: 2009-05-13
Film, VideoThe Jewish Book in America
- Contributor: Sarna, Jonathan D.
- Date: 2004-06-07
Film, VideoSong of Songs: The Honeybee in the Garden
- Contributor: Band, Debra
- Date: 2008-10-28
Film, VideoThe Iraqi Revolution: Why is it Relevant to Modern Iraq?
- Contributor: Romero, Juan
- Date: 2009-02-24