Film, Video The State of the Book Industry 2007
About this Item
- The State of the Book Industry 2007
- What is the long-term effect of consolidation in the publishing industry? What are the latest sales trends in publishing and in the library market? How is the digital environment changing the book industry? Such questions were addressed and discussed by economists Albert N. Greco and Robert M. Wharton in a program co-sponsored by the Center for the Book and the Book Industry Study Group, Inc. (BISG). Greco and Wharton, who specialize in book industry research and forecastings, are professors in the Graduate School of Business Administration at Fordham University in New York. This program drew on a similar presentation they made at Book Expo America, the trade show sponsored by the American Booksellers Association and the Association of American Publishers, in New York City.
- Event Date
- June 28, 2007
- - Robert M. Wharton is an economist and professor at the Graduate School of Business Administration at Fordham University in New York.
- - Albert N. Greco is an economist and professor at the Graduate School of Business Administration at Fordham University in New York.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: https://www.loc.gov/cfbook
- Running Time
- 1 hours 4 minutes 58 seconds
- Online Format
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The State of the Book Industry. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4110/.
APA citation style:
(2007) The State of the Book Industry. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4110/.
MLA citation style:
The State of the Book Industry. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4110/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCokie Roberts & "Ladies of Liberty" Journalist and author Cokie Roberts brings her newest children's book, "Ladies of Liberty: The Women Who Shaped Our Nation," to the Library's Young Readers Center.
- Contributor: Roberts, Cokie - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2017-03-06
Film, Video2017 Library of Congress Literacy Awards Through its Library of Congress Literacy Awards, the Library celebrates literacy organizations and the dedicated people who, through passion and hard work, bring education and literacy to an unprecedented number of people...
- Date: 2017-09-01
Film, VideoDo the Write Thing 2015 Approximately 60 middle school students accompanied by their families celebrated as winners of the "Do the Write Thing Challenge." Each year students are asked to write about their personal experiences with violence...
- Date: 2015-07-13
Film, VideoFrederick Douglass Family Initiatives Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives kicked off its "One Million Abolitionists Project" where the organization leaders presents copies of Douglass' first autobiography to one million students. Published in 1845, "Narrative of the Life...
- Contributor: Dawson, Andre - Douglass, Nettie Washington - Benz, Robert J. - Morris, Kenneth
- Date: 2017-02-27
Film, Video2017 Library of Congress Literacy Awards Best Practices Conference The fifth annual Library of Congress Literacy Awards event featured presentations from award winners Pratham Books, the National Center for Families Learning and the Children's Literacy Initiative.
- Contributor: Rubenstein, David M. - Hayden, Carla - Darling, Sharon - Sriram, R. - Zarrow, Joel
- Date: 2017-11-28