Film, Video Draft Final Report: Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control
About this Item
- Draft Final Report: Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control
- In November 2006, Deanna Marcum, associate librarian for Library Services at the Library of Congress, convened a Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control to examine the future of bibliographic description in the 21st century in light of advances in search engine technology, the popularity of the Internet and the influx of electronic information resources. After a year of careful and comprehensive study, the group presented its draft report to Library of Congress managers and staff in the Coolidge Auditorium. The draft report will be made available on or about Nov. 30, and a comment period on the draft report will last until Dec. 15, 2007. Due to unprecedented demand for the live webcast, the Library has made this unedited version of the presentation available immediately. An enhanced version of this webcast, featuring the accompanying slide presentation, will be available shortly.
- Event Date
- November 13, 2007
- - This recording is not available.
- Related Resources
- Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control: http://www.loc.gov/bibliographic-future/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 28 minutes, 2 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Draft Final Report: Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control. 2007. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4180/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Draft Final Report: Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control. [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4180/.
MLA citation style:
Draft Final Report: Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control. 2007. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4180/>.