Film, Video 2006 Americas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature
About this Item
- 2006 Americas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature
- Authors Margarita Engle and Jennifer Riesmeyer Elvgren and illustrators Sean Qualls and Nicole Tadgell received the 2006 Americas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature at the 14th annual award presentation hosted by the Library of Congress Hispanic Division and the Center for the Book. The award is sponsored by the Consortium of the Latin American Studies Program (CLASP) at the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Engle and Qualls were honored for their book "The Poet Slave of Cuba" (Henry Holt, 2006). Elvgren and Tadgell were recognized for their book "Josias, Hold the Book" (Boyds Mill, 2006). The Americas Award recognizes outstanding U.S. works of fiction, poetry, folklore or selected nonfiction published in the previous year. The works must "authentically and engagingly portray Latin America, the Caribbean or Latinos in the United States." For more information about the Americas Award and CLASP, visit this site .
- Event Date
- October 06, 2007
- - Nicoloe Tadgell has illustrated a number of books, including "Fatuma¿¿¿s New Cloth," winner of the Children¿¿¿s Africana Book Award.
- - Jennifer Elvgren has been published in Ladybug and Highlights for Children.
- - Sean Qualls is the illustrator of "The Baby on the Way" and "Powerful Words."
- - Margarita Engle is a Cuban American poet, novelist and journalist whose work has won such awards as a San Diego Book Award and a Willow Review Poetry Award.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: https://www.loc.gov/cfbook
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Running Time
- 56 minutes 5 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Americas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4205/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Americas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4205/.
MLA citation style:
Americas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4205/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video2015 Américas Awards for Children & Young Adult Literature Author and illustrator Duncan Tonatiuh and author Margarita Engle received the 2015 Américas Awards for Children and Young Adult Literature.
- Contributor: Tonatiuh, Duncan - Engle, Margarita
- Date: 2015-09-18
Film, Video2009 Americas Awards Ceremony Authors Yuyi Morales and illustrator Margarita Engle receive the 2008 Americas Award for Children and Young Adult Literature during the 16th award presentation hosted by the Library of Congress. The award is...
- Contributor: Morales, Yuyi - Cole, John Y. - Engle, Margarita
- Date: 2009-10-17
Film, VideoMargarita Engle: 2010 National Book Festival Author Margarita Engle appears at the 2010 National Book Festival.
- Contributor: Engle, Margarita
- Date: 2010-09-25
Film, Video2016 Américas Awards Ceremony Pam Muñoz Ryan and Ashley Hope Pérez received the 2016 Américas Award, given in recognition of U.S. works of fiction, poetry, folklore or selected non-fiction published in the previous year in English...
- Contributor: Pérez, Ashley Hope - Muñoz Ryan, Pam
- Date: 2016-09-22
Film, Video2018 Americas Awards Ibi Zoboi, author of "American Street," and Duncan Tonatiuh, author and illustrator of "Danza! Amalia Hernández and El Ballet Folklórico de México" were awardded the 2018 Americas Award for Children's and Young-Adult...
- Contributor: Tonatiuh, Duncan - Zoboi, Ibi
- Date: 2018-09-28