Film, Video Aubrey Ghent and Friends
About this Item
- Aubrey Ghent and Friends
- Aubrey Ghent with friends performed sacred lap steel guitar for the Library's annual Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Event Date
- October 17, 2007
- - Aubrey Ghent has been playing guitar and sacred lap steel for over 38 years. The steel guitar was first introduced to the House of God Church by Aubrey's uncle, Willie Eason, during the 1940s. Willie taught Aubrey's father, Henry Nelson, who played for more than 50 years in the church and around the United States. Aubrey was greatly influenced by his uncle and father. He began learning the instrument at age six and playing for church services at age nine. He has continued his great family legacy of the lap steel style. Ghent recorded on the Arhoolie roots label for six years and has several selections on each of the label's Sacred Steel volumes.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: http://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 5 minutes, 30 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Aubrey Ghent and Friends. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4218/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Aubrey Ghent and Friends. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4218/.
MLA citation style:
Aubrey Ghent and Friends. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4218/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDaniel Boucher & Friends: Traditional French-Canadian Fiddle Music from Connecticut
- Contributor: Boucher, Daniel
- Date: 2011-08-17
Film, VideoThe Not Too Bad Bluegrass Band
- Contributor: Not Too Bad Bluegrass Band
- Date: 2010-10-13
Film, VideoR. Carlos Nakai: American Indian Flute Music from Arizona
- Contributor: Nakai, R. Carlos
- Date: 2010-11-17
Film, VideoPianist, Vocalist and Composer Henry Butler Discusses Teaching and Performing Rhythm & Blues and Jazz
- Contributor: Butler, Henry
- Date: 2007-11-01
Film, VideoWayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine
- Contributor: Sockabasin, Blanch - Newell, Wayne
- Date: 2009-09-16