Film, Video MacDowell Colony Poets
About this Item
- MacDowell Colony Poets
- Six poets who served residencies at the MacDowell Colony are featured in readings by Stephen Dunn, Peter Klappert and Kathy Mangan. These poets also read a sampling of poems by three past Poet Laureates who attended MacDowell: Louise Bogan, Anthony Hecht and Stanley Kunitz.
- Event Date
- November 08, 2007
- Related Resources
- Poetry and Literature Center: http://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- A Century of Creativity: The MacDowell Colony 1907-2007: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/macdowell/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 17 minutes, 2 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
MacDowell Colony Poets. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4221/.
APA citation style:
(2007) MacDowell Colony Poets. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4221/.
MLA citation style:
MacDowell Colony Poets. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4221/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video450 Years of Spanish Poetry in the United States
- Contributor: Mayor Marsan, Maricel - Ayala, Naomi - Ambroggio, Luis Alberto - Villanueva, Tino
- Date: 2006-09-22
Film, VideoPoet Laureate Donald Hall Opens the Literary Season
- Contributor: Hall, Donald
- Date: 2006-10-03
Film, VideoPoetry Readings from Galway Kinnell and David Tucker
- Contributor: Tucker, David - Kinnell, Galway
- Date: 2006-10-12
Film, VideoPoetry Readings from Jack Gilbert and Miranda Field
- Contributor: Gilbert, Jack - Field, Miranda
- Date: 2006-10-26
Film, VideoPoetry Readings from Maxine Kumin and Wesley McNair
- Contributor: Kumin, Maxine - McNair, Wesley
- Date: 2006-11-09