Film, Video Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Religion and Modernity
About this Item
- Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Religion and Modernity
- The Near East Section of the African Middle Eastern Division and the John W. Kluge Center hosted a talk by Shireen Hunter on her new book, "Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Religion and Modernity."
- Event Date
- February 26, 2008
- - Shireen Hunter is distinguished scholar at the Center for Strategic and International Studies and visiting professor at Georgetown University's Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/loc/kluge/
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 40 minutes 15 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Religion and Modernity. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4298/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Religion and Modernity. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4298/.
MLA citation style:
Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Religion and Modernity. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4298/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Druze Heritage: Part II
- Date: 2008-02-07
Film, VideoThe Druze Heritage: Part III
- Date: 2008-02-07
Film, VideoMourning, Celebrating, Revisiting: Alexander von Humboldt in the United States, 1859-2009
- Contributor: Daum, Andreas
- Date: 2009-05-06