Film, Video Who Speaks for Islam?
About this Item
- Who Speaks for Islam?
- The Near East Section of the African and Middle Eastern Division presented, as part of the series "Beyond the Islamist Discourse: Muslims Look at Their Societies," John Esposito, who discussed "Who Speaks for Islam?"
- Event Date
- April 11, 2008
- - John Esposito is director of the Waleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 50 minutes, 14 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Who Speaks for Islam?. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4303/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Who Speaks for Islam?. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4303/.
MLA citation style:
Who Speaks for Islam?. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4303/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSong of Songs: The Honeybee in the Garden
- Contributor: Band, Debra
- Date: 2008-10-28
Film, VideoThe Iraqi Revolution: Why is it Relevant to Modern Iraq?
- Contributor: Romero, Juan
- Date: 2009-02-24
Film, VideoJewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City
- Contributor: Turman, Wendy - Cohen Apelbaum, Laura
- Date: 2009-05-19
Film, VideoLiterature and Nation-Building in the Writings of 'A'isha Taymur (1840-1902)
- Contributor: Hatem, Mervat
- Date: 2009-05-08
Film, VideoReport from Armenia
- Contributor: Yovanovitch, Marie L.
- Date: 2009-06-30