Film, Video Traditional Judaism or Reform
About this Item
- Traditional Judaism or Reform
- As part of the Library's celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month, Marsha Rozenblit delivered the ninth annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book. The lecture focused on Viennese Jews in the 19th Century. Rozenblit is the Harvey M. Meyerhoff Professor of Modern Jewish History at the University of Maryland. The lecture series honors Myron M. Weinstein (1927-1998), whose 29-year tenure at the Library was spent in the Hebraic Section.
- Event Date
- May 06, 2008
- - Marsha Rozenblit is the Harvey M. Meyerhoff Professor of Modern Jewish History at the University of Maryland.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Jewish American Heritage Month Web Portal: http://www.jewishheritage.gov/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 13 minutes
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Traditional Judaism or Reform. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4314/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Traditional Judaism or Reform. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4314/.
MLA citation style:
Traditional Judaism or Reform. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4314/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy Zachary M. Baker delivered the eighth Annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book as part of the Library's celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month. The lecture was titled "A...
- Contributor: Baker, Zachary M.
- Date: 2007-05-08
Film, VideoBreaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947 - and Elie Wiesel Gershon Greenberg will deliver the 10th Annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book. The lecture was titled "Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947--and Elie Wiesel."...
- Contributor: Greenberg, Gershon
- Date: 2009-05-13
Film, VideoThe Jewish Book in America In the Fifth Annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book, the Joseph H. & Belle R. Braun Professor of American Jewish History at Brandeis University discussed the Jewish book...
- Contributor: Sarna, Jonathan D.
- Date: 2004-06-07
Film, VideoI Am Because We Are: African Wisdom in Image and Proverb Betty Press discussed and signed her new book, "I Am Because We Are: African Wisdom for Life."
- Contributor: Press, Betty
- Date: 2011-09-08
Film, VideoMere-Bi: A Senegalese Celebration of Motherhood Francoise Pfaff introduced the documentary film and show excerpts from "Mere-Bi" a film on Senegal's pioneer journalist, Annette Mbaye d'Erneville, directed by her son and noted filmmaker Ousmane William Mbaye.
- Contributor: Pfaff, Francoise - Myrick, Marie-Pierre
- Date: 2011-05-20