Film, Video Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview
About this Item
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview
- RDA (Resource Description and Access), the next generation cataloging code designed for the digital environment, is under development. This presentation provides background on its development and a general overview of the conceptual models, international principles, and structure of this new code.
- Event Date
- May 14, 2008
- - Dr. Barbara Tillett is chief of the Cataloging Policy and Support Office at the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Cataloging and Acquisitions at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/aba/
- RDA Web Site: http://www.loc.gov/global/disclaimer.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rdaonline.org%2F
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 7 minutes, 38 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4320/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4320/.
MLA citation style:
Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4320/>.