Film, Video The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna
About this Item
- The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna
- The Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress hosted an afternoon of Spanish poetry featuring poets from Spain, Latin America and the Caribbean. Each poet read a selection in Spanish, followed by an open discussion in English moderated by Dominican poet Rei Berroa of George Mason University. Featured poets were Spaniards Ana Rossetti, Juan Carlos Mestre and Vicente Cervera Salinas. From Mexico were Hector Carretto, Dana Gelinas, Hernan Bravo Varela and Ciprian Cabrera Jasso. Also participating were Antonio Barbagallo, Italy/Spain/USA; Mateo Morrison, Dominican Republic; Otoniel Guevara, El Salvador; Marcelo Pellegrini, Chile; Ivon Gordon-Vailakis, Ecuador; and Juana Goergen, Puerto Rico. The poetry reading was part of a larger project by the Hispanic Division and the Teatro de la Luna in Arlington, Va. The Hispanic Division has sponsored this yearly event for seven years with the goal of making Spanish-language poetry better known to students and the general public in Washington.
- Event Date
- April 11, 2008
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division : https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Poetry Resources at the Library: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 11 minutes
- Online Format
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4328/.
APA citation style:
(2008) The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4328/.
MLA citation style:
The XVI Poetry Marathon of Teatro de la Luna. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4328/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoHistory of Educa Vision Leaders of the pioneering educational publishing company "Educa Vision" recorded an oral history of their enterprise. Speakers were founder and publisher Fequiere Vilsaint, author and vice-president Maude Heurtelou and Carol Hollander, editor...
- Date: 2011-06-13
Film, VideoThe Life and Bookstore of Jan Mapou Poet, storyteller and dramatist Jan Mapou came to the Library of Congress to record an oral history of his life and times. In this program a master storyteller recounts his life and,...
- Contributor: Mapou, Jan
- Date: 2011-06-20
Film, VideoDevoted to Death: Santa Muerte, the Skeleton Saint R. Andrew Chesnut discusses his book "Devoted to Death: Santa Muerte, the Skeleton Saint."
- Contributor: Chesnut, R. Andrew
- Date: 2012-02-22
Film, VideoOdysseas Elytis & the Hispanic World Odysseas Elytis influenced Hispanic literature in the late 1930s and 1940s with his exuberant style, adding a further level of passion to the established poetic romanticism of the day. In this presentation,...
- Contributor: Berroa, Rei - Serrano, Pedro
- Date: 2012-01-27
Film, VideoMexico in World History Author William H. Beezley disussed his books "A Companion to Mexican History and Culture" and "Mexico in World History."
- Contributor: Beezley, William H.
- Date: 2012-03-08