Film, Video Seeger Tribute: Charles Seeger and Ruth Crawford Seeger
About this Item
- Seeger Tribute: Charles Seeger and Ruth Crawford Seeger
- The Library of Congress celebrated the musical legacy of the Seeger Family during a two-day program, sponsored by the American Folklife Center, titled "How Can I Keep from Singing? A Seeger Family Tribute." Panelists were Betty Auman of the Library's Music Division, who discussed "Seeger Materials in the Library of Congress Music Division"; Judith Tick, Northeastern University, who talked about "Ruth Crawford Seeger's Legacy"; and Taylor Aitken Greer, Pennsylvania State University, who spoke on "The Legacy of Charles Seeger: Defying and Defining Tradition."
- Event Date
- March 16, 2007
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: http://www.loc.gov/folklife
- Music Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 10 minutes, 58 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Seeger Tribute: Charles Seeger and Ruth Crawford Seeger. 2007. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4335/.
APA citation style:
(2007) Seeger Tribute: Charles Seeger and Ruth Crawford Seeger. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4335/.
MLA citation style:
Seeger Tribute: Charles Seeger and Ruth Crawford Seeger. 2007. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4335/>.