Film, Video Kadir Nelson and Doreen Rappaport: 2008 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Kadir Nelson and Doreen Rappaport: 2008 National Book Festival
- Children's illustrator Kadir Nelson and author Doreen Rappaport appear at the National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 27, 2008
- - Doreen Rappaport has written numerous award-winning books for children, including" Freedom Ship," "The School Is Not White," "Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.," a Caldecott Honor Book and Coretta Scott King Honor Book; and "John's Secret Dreams: The Life of John Lennon." She is the author of "Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln" (Hyperion, 2008), illustrated by Kadir Nelson, and the latest biography in the "Big Words" series. She lives in upstate New York.
- - Kadir Nelson's career in illustration began with the storyboards he created for director Steven Spielberg's film "Amistad." Since that time he has become a much-sought-after artist, illustrating many award-winning picture books, including the Coretta Scott King Honor Book "Thunder Rose"; "Ellington Was Not a Street," winner of the 2005 Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award; and two NAACP Image Award winners: "Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom" and "Just the Two of Us." His latest illustrations are in Doreen Rappaport's "Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln" (Hyperion, 2008). He is also the author-illustrator of "We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball" (Jump at the Sun/Hyperion, 2008). He lives in San Diego.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/index.html
- Running Time
- 44 minutes, 48 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kadir Nelson and Doreen Rappaport:National Book Festival. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4386/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Kadir Nelson and Doreen Rappaport:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4386/.
MLA citation style:
Kadir Nelson and Doreen Rappaport:National Book Festival. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4386/>.