Film, Video Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin: National Book Festival 2008
About this Item
- Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin: National Book Festival 2008
- Children's author Doreen Cronin and illustrator Betsy Lewin appear at the National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 27, 2008
- - Doreen Cronin majored in journalism in college and after graduation spent years in publishing before deciding to go to law school. She practiced law in New York before turning to writing children's books full time. Her best-selling, award-winning books include "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" (a Caldecott Honor Book), "Duck for President," "Diary of a Worm" and the latest with illustrator Betsy Lewin, "Thump, Quack, Moo: A Wacky Adventure" (Simon & Schuster, September 2008). She lives in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- - Betsy Lewin attributes her passion for children's books to her mother, a kindergarten teacher, who read to Lewin and her brother every night. She is the Caldecott Honor-winning illustrator, along with author Doreen Cronin, of "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" (2000) and its sequels "Giggle, Giggle, Quack"; "Duck for President"; "Click Clack Quackity-Quack"; "Click, Clack, Splish, Splash"; and the latest, "Thump, Quack, Moo: A Wacky Adventure" (Simon & Schuster, September 2008). She lives in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/index.html
- Running Time
- 39 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin: National Book Festival. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4387/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin: National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4387/.
MLA citation style:
Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin: National Book Festival. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4387/>.