Film, Video Laura and Jenna Bush: National Book Festival 2008
About this Item
- Laura and Jenna Bush: National Book Festival 2008
- Laura and Jenna Bush make an appearance at the National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 27, 2008
- - Laura Bush has always been passionate about reading. An Honorary Ambassador for the U.N. Literary Decade, she hosted the first-ever White House Conference on Global Literacy in 2006 to encourage international cooperation and build free societies through literacy. In 2001 she joined with the Library of Congress to launch the first National Book Festival in Washington. As first lady of Texas, Bush founded the statewide Texas Book Festival in 1995. She has taught in the Dallas, Houston and Austin public schools. She is the co-author with her daughter, Jenna, of "Read All About It!" (HarperCollins, 2008).
- - Jenna Bush shares with her mother, Laura Bush, a love of reading and teaching. She taught elementary school in Washington, D.C., after graduating from the University of Texas at Austin in 2004 with a degree in English. She has also written articles for CosmoGIRL! and The New York Times. Her first book, the New York Times best-seller, "Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope" (2007), is based on her work with UNICEF. She and her mother are co-authors of "Read All About It!" (HarperCollins, 2008).
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/index.html
- Running Time
- 32 minutes, 20 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Laura and Jenna Bush: National Book Festival. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4389/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Laura and Jenna Bush: National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4389/.
MLA citation style:
Laura and Jenna Bush: National Book Festival. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4389/>.