Film, Video Elsa Cross: 2008 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Elsa Cross: 2008 National Book Festival
- Poet Elsa Cross appears at the National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 27, 2008
- - Elsa Cross is the author of 20 books of poetry, including "Jaguar," inspired by ancient sites and symbols of Mexico, and "Espirales," which features selected poems published from 1965 to 1999; and the trilogy: "Los sueos (Elegias)," "Ultramar (Odas)" and "El vino de las cosas (Ditirambos)." Her latest collection is "Cuaderno de Amorgos" (Aldus, 2007). She is a recipient of several awards, including the Premio Nacional de Poesia Nacional Aguascalientes, the Jaime Sabines-Gatien International Poetry Prize (2007) and the Xavier Villurrutia Prize (2008), Mexico's most prestigious poetry prize. She holds a professorship at Mexico's National Autonomous University, where she teaches philosophy of religion and comparative mythology.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Poetry at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 40 minutes, 54 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Elsa Cross:National Book Festival. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4419/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Elsa Cross:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4419/.
MLA citation style:
Elsa Cross:National Book Festival. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4419/>.