Film, Video Tommy Sands with Moya and Fionan Sands in Concert
About this Item
- Tommy Sands with Moya and Fionan Sands in Concert
- Tommy Sands, with his daughter Moya and son Fionan, performed in concert as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress. This event was co-sponsored by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and the American Folklife Center. The Arts Council of Northern Ireland is the lead development agency for the arts in Northern Ireland. It is the main support for artists and arts organizations, offering a broad range of funding opportunities through its Exchequer and National Lottery funds.
- Event Date
- October 09, 2008
- - An internationally celebrated singer, songwriter, storyteller and social activist, Tommy Sands was raised with traditional music in County Down, Northern Ireland. As a member of the influential Sands Family folk ensemble, he introduced international audiences to Irish music during the 1960s and laid the groundwork for its current worldwide popularity. Author of such classic songs as "There Were Roses," "Daughters and Sons" and "Come on Home to the County Down," he has seen his works translated into many languages and recorded by such artists as Joan Baez, Kathy Mattea and Dolores Keane. Over the decades, his artistic integrity, engaging style and commitment to peace and dialog between peoples of different backgrounds have contributed to his worldwide renown.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 13 minutes 58 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tommy Sands with Moya and Fionan Sands in Concert. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4471/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Tommy Sands with Moya and Fionan Sands in Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4471/.
MLA citation style:
Tommy Sands with Moya and Fionan Sands in Concert. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4471/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAncestral Voices Roundtable
- Contributor: Peterson, Elizabeth - Tomah, Dwayne - Soctomah, Donald - Christen, Kim - Anderson, Jane - Saylor, Nicole - Shankar, Guha
- Date: 2018-06-04
Film, VideoSince 1968: The Drum & Spear Bookstore
- Contributor: Cox, Courtland - Lawson, Jennifer - Richardson, Judy - Davis, Joshua - Gittens, Anthony
- Date: 2018-09-24
Film, VideoSince 1968: The Center for Traditional Music & Dance and Appalshop
- Contributor: Koenig, Martin - Gibson, Alexander - Raim, Ethel - Rushefsky, Peter - Smith, Herb E.
- Date: 2018-09-24
Film, VideoArt of the Hunt: Hunting & Fishing Folklore
- Contributor: Graham, Andrea
- Date: 2018-06-07
Film, VideoInterview with Barry Jean Ancelet
- Contributor: Ancelet, Barry Jean
- Date: 2018-06-12