Film, Video Opening Reception of "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition"
About this Item
- Opening Reception of "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition"
- Librarian of Congress James Billington and Union Pacific Corporation, the exclusive sponsor of "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Bicentennial Exhibition," hosted a reception celebrating the opening of the exhibit. Speakers included Billington, Union Pacific CEO Jim Young, Sen. Dick Durbin and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, with performances by renowned baritone Thomas Hampson and pianist Craig Rutenberg and poetry readings by James Earl Jones.
- Event Date
- February 10, 2009
- - This recording is not available.
- Related Resources
- With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition: http://myloc.gov/Exhibitions/lincoln/Pages/default.aspx
- Abraham Lincoln Papers: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/alhtml/malhome.html
- Running Time
- 41 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Opening Reception of "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition". 2009. Online Text. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4504/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Opening Reception of "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition". [Online Text] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4504/.
MLA citation style:
Opening Reception of "With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition". 2009. Online Text. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4504/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Panel Discussion on Torture, Detainees and the U.S. Military
- Date: 2007-07-11
Film, Video2006 Jay I. Kislak Lecture: Re-thinking Conquest: Spanish and Native Experiences in the Americas:
- Contributor: Fernandez-Armesto, Felipe
- Date: 2006-11-09
Film, VideoPreserving At-Risk Digital Social Science Data: The Data-PASS Project
- Contributor: Gutmann, Myron
- Date: 2007-01-26
Film, VideoRemembering Our Father: The Story of M. Carl Holman
- Date: 2009-02-10