Film, Video Violin Master Class with Christian Tetzlaff
About this Item
- Violin Master Class with Christian Tetzlaff
- Virtuoso violinist Christian Tetzlaff conducted a violin master class at the Library for area students and teachers.
- Event Date
- November 07, 2008
- - Christian Tetzlaff was born in Hamburg. He began playing the violin and piano at the age of 6, and made his concert debut at 14 years old. He studied with Uwe-Martin Haiberg at the Musikhochschule Lubeck and with Walter Levine at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music. He is much in demand as a soloist with major orchestras of the world and praised for his recordings, including recent Beethoven works performed with the Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich under David Zinman.
- Related Resources
- Performing Arts Encyclopedia: https://www.loc.gov/performingarts/
- Concerts at the Library: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/concert/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 43 minutes 21 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Violin Master Class with Christian Tetzlaff. 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4515/.
APA citation style:
(2008) Violin Master Class with Christian Tetzlaff. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4515/.
MLA citation style:
Violin Master Class with Christian Tetzlaff. 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4515/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoViolin Master Class with Christian Tetzlaff videorecording | videorecording ; 103 min | Virtuoso violinist Christian Tetzlaff conducted a violin master class at the Library for area students and teachers. (Content). Recorded November 7, 2008 (Date). Christian Tetzlaff...
- Contributor: Tetzlaff, Christian - Library of Congress
- Date: 2008
Film, VideoGershwin Prize Gala Dinner Paul Simon receives the first annual Gershwin Prize for Popular Song during a gala dinner sponsored by the Library's Music Division.
- Date: 2007-05-22
Film, VideoCurtis Contemporary Music Ensemble Young artists from one of the nation's top conservatories celebrate the centennial of Samuel Barber. The program includes the Violin Sonata; "Dover Beach" for string quartet and baritone; "Hermit Songs" (Library of...
- Date: 2010-03-15
Film, Video2010 Gershwin Prize Press Conference Prior to receiving the third annual Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, Sir Paul McCartney was on hand for a press conference at the Library. The third annual Library of Congress Gershwin Prize...
- Contributor: McCartney, Sir Paul
- Date: 2010-06-01
Film, VideoThe Mind of an Artist Michael Kubovy and Judith Shatin, both from the University of Virginia, discuss "The Mind of the Artist." Debate has long raged about whether and how music expresses meaning beyond its sounding notes....
- Contributor: Kubovy, Michael - Shatin, Judith
- Date: 2009-03-27