Film, Video Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Symposium (Part 2)
About this Item
- Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Symposium (Part 2)
- The Library sponsored an all-day symposium celebrating the bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln. Lucas E. Morel presented "Lincoln on Race, Equality and the Spirit of '76." Morel is the Garwood Visiting Research Fellow at the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions at Princeton University and the author of "Lincoln's Sacred Effort: Defining Religion's Role in American Self-Government." Lincoln's lifelong interest in language will be the subject of a talk given by Douglas L. Wilson, author of "Honor's Voice: The Transformation of Abraham Lincoln" and "Lincoln's Sword: The Presidency and the Power of Words." Elizabeth D. Leonard delivered the final presentation of the symposium, "Ally on the Team of Rivals: Lincoln and His Point Man for Military Justice," in which she will discuss Judge Advocate General Joseph Holt, the president's chief of the War Department's Bureau of Military Justice. Leonard is the author of three books on the Civil War era, including her most recent, "Lincoln's Avengers: Justice, Revenge, and Reunion After the Civil War."
- March 04, 2009
- - This recording is not available.
- With Malice Toward None: The Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Exhibition: http://myloc.gov/Exhibitions/lincoln/Pages/default.aspx
- 2 hours 43 minutes 5 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Symposium Part 2. 2009. Web.. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4522/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Symposium Part 2. [Web.] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4522/.
MLA citation style:
Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Symposium Part 2. 2009. Web.. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4522/>.