Film, Video News Conference on the Library of Congress' "Digitizing American Imprints" Program
About this Item
- News Conference on the Library of Congress' "Digitizing American Imprints" Program
- Deanna Marcum, Library of Congress Associate Librarian for Library Services; Doron Weber, Program Director of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation; and officials of the Internet Archive participated in a news conference on the Library's "Digitizing American Imprints" program scanning "brittle books" too fragile for standard use, to preserve them, on an open-content basis, for future generations.
- Event Date
- January 14, 2009
- Related Resources
- Sloan Foundation Grant To Help Digitize Thousands of Books (News Release, Jan. 31, 2007): http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2007/07-020.html
- "Great Emancipator" Is 25,000th Federal Library Book Scanned (News Release, Jan. 14, 2009): http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2009/09-10.html
- Running Time
- 21 minutes, 33 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
News Conference on the Library of Congress' "Digitizing American Imprints" Program. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4527/.
APA citation style:
(2009) News Conference on the Library of Congress' "Digitizing American Imprints" Program. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4527/.
MLA citation style:
News Conference on the Library of Congress' "Digitizing American Imprints" Program. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4527/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Panel Discussion on Torture, Detainees and the U.S. Military
- Date: 2007-07-11
Film, Video2006 Jay I. Kislak Lecture: Re-thinking Conquest: Spanish and Native Experiences in the Americas:
- Contributor: Fernandez-Armesto, Felipe
- Date: 2006-11-09
Film, VideoPreserving At-Risk Digital Social Science Data: The Data-PASS Project
- Contributor: Gutmann, Myron
- Date: 2007-01-26
Film, VideoRemembering Our Father: The Story of M. Carl Holman
- Date: 2009-02-10