Film, Video Women in Science and Engineering
About this Item
- Women in Science and Engineering
- To honor women who have taken the lead in the environmental or "green" movement, the National Women's History Project chose "Women Taking the Lead to Save Our Planet" as the 2009 theme for National Women's History Month. In celebration, a panel discussion on "Women in Science and Engineering" was held at the Library. The moderator and featured panelist was Carol Burger, associate professor in the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies at Virginia Tech and coordinator of the university's Science and Gender Equity Program.
- Event Date
- March 12, 2009
- Related Resources
- Women's History Month: http://www.womenshistorymonth.gov/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 2 minutes,
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Women in Science and Engineering. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4539/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Women in Science and Engineering. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4539/.
MLA citation style:
Women in Science and Engineering. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4539/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Seen & Unseen Legacy of James Joyce's Ulysses
- Contributor: Purchase, Johnna
- Date: 2013-07-25
Film, VideoDigital Preservation for Machine-Scale Access & Analysis
- Contributor: Green, Lisa
- Date: 2013-07-24
Film, VideoDigital Public Library of America
- Contributor: Gore, Emily
- Date: 2013-07-24
Film, VideoThe Bayard Rustin Papers
- Contributor: Cannon, Adrienne - Ashley, John
- Date: 2013-08-28
Film, Video2013 Library of Congress Junior Fellows
- Date: 2013-07-03