Film, Video UNESCO's Role in Building Bridges to Cultural Peace
About this Item
- UNESCO's Role in Building Bridges to Cultural Peace
- Nureldin Satti, former UNESCO representative for Africa, discusses "UNESCO's Role in Building Bridges to Cultural Peace: Case Studies of Somalia, Burundi and Ethiopia" in a program sponsored by the African and Middle Eastern Division.
- Event Date
- April 02, 2009
- - Nureldin Satti was appointed deputy to the special representative of the UN Secretary-General for Burundi in September 2002. Previously,he served as director of UNESCO Dar es Salaam Cluster Office, covering Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles, while simultaneously also serving as director of UNESCO's Regional Programme for Education for Emergencies and Reconstruction (PEER) in Nairobi. In 1998, he was appointed as special representative to UNESCO Director General for the Great Lakes Region and the Horn of Africa based in Nairobi and Director of the UNESCO PEER Program with special focus on Somalia, Burundi and the DRC. During this period, Satti was closely involved in the Somalia Peace Process and served as an observer for UNESCO at the Arusha Peace Process for Burundi, the Lusaka Peace Process for the DRC and the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) process for Sudan.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 57 minutes 56 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
UNESCO's Role in Building Bridges to Cultural Peace. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4544/.
APA citation style:
(2009) UNESCO's Role in Building Bridges to Cultural Peace. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4544/.
MLA citation style:
UNESCO's Role in Building Bridges to Cultural Peace. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4544/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoUnderstanding Egyptian Cuisine & Culture In this lecture, Amy Riolo defines Egyptian cuisine, explains how the food is central to Egyptian culture, and talks about food throughout Egyptian history.
- Contributor: Riolo, Amy
- Date: 2013-09-04
Film, VideoPoetry Reading by Merrill Leffler Merrill Leffler speaks about his new book, "Mark the Music."
- Contributor: Leffler, Merrill
- Date: 2013-09-24
Film, VideoThe Grand Museum, Egypt Muhammad Gamal discusses Egypt's Grand Museum.
- Contributor: Gamal, Muhammad
- Date: 2013-03-01
Film, VideoCultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine Two award-winning authors -- Annia Ciezadlo and Nawal Nasrallah -- discuss their work and Iraqi cuisine.
- Contributor: Nasrallah, Nawal - Ciezadlo, Annia
- Date: 2013-09-12
Film, VideoGreen Desert: Olzhas Suleimanov Poet and author Olzhas Suleimanov is regarded as one of Kazakhstan's and Central Asia's most influential intellectuals. He read from "Green Desert," the first comprehensive translation of his works into the English...
- Contributor: Suleimanov, Olzhas
- Date: 2013-11-05