Film, Video The History of Education in Jamaica
About this Item
- The History of Education in Jamaica
- Anthony S. Johnson, Ambassador of Jamaica to the United States, delivered a lecture titled "The History of Education in Jamaica."
- Event Date
- April 21, 2009
- - Prior to his appointment, Ambassador Anthony S. Johnson was a Jamaican senator from 1980 -1983 and 1993 - 2007; a member of Parliament for NE St. Catherine from 1983 - 1993; Minister of State in the Ministries of Industry and Commerce from 1980 - 1983 and Agriculture from 1983 - 1989. He also served as Opposition Spokesman on Education, Agriculture and Mining, Energy and Technology; was Executive Director of the Private Sector Organization of Jamaica; and was a senior lecturer in the Department of Management Studies at the University of the West Indies, Mona. He was an IAPA Hemispheric Scholarship winner in 1960 and a senior Fulbright Scholar in 1980.
- - Joan Higbee is Anglophone and Francophone Caribbean Specialist in the Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division : http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Running Time
- 2 hours, 9 minutes,
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The History of Education in Jamaica. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4555/.
APA citation style:
(2009) The History of Education in Jamaica. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4555/.
MLA citation style:
The History of Education in Jamaica. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4555/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEver Faithful: Race, Loyalty, and the Ends of Empire in Spanish Cuba
- Contributor: Sartorius, David
- Date: 2014-04-30
Film, Video75th Anniversary of the Hispanic Reading Room
- Date: 2014-10-23
Film, VideoEl Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de La Luna
- Date: 2014-06-06
Film, VideoHispanic Americans in Congress 1922-2012
- Contributor: North, Tracy - Rucker, Terrance
- Date: 2014-09-01
Film, VideoRivalry & Alliance Politics in Cold War Latin America
- Contributor: Darnton, Christopher
- Date: 2014-06-26