Film, Video Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City
About this Item
- Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City
- Laura Cohen Apelbaum and Wendy Turman spoke about and showed a power point presentation on the new exhibit at the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington on "Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City."
- Event Date
- May 19, 2009
- - Laura Cohen Apelbaum is a native of the Washington area and has been executive director of the Jewish Historical Society since 1994. Her work has centered on preservation of the 1876 historic synagogue, building the community's archives, expanding the Society's school and family programs, and outreach in the community. Previously she worked as an attorney for both the local and the federal government. She has a master's degree in taxation from Georgetown University, a law degree from George Washington University, and a bachelor's degree in American History from Duke University.
- - Wendy Turman has worked at the Jewish Historical Society since 2000. She has a master's degree in museum studies from George Washington University and a bachelor's degree in history from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She previously worked at the National Museum of Health and Medicine and at the Smithsonian Institution.
- Related Resources
- Jewish American Heritage Month: http://www.jewishheritage.gov/index.html
- Running Time
- 49 minutes 33 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4562/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4562/.
MLA citation style:
Jewish Life in Mr. Lincoln's City. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4562/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJewish Washington: Scrapbook of an American Community
- Contributor: Cohen Appelbaum, Laura - Turman, Wendy
- Date: 2007-10-18
Film, VideoThe Making of a King: King Peggy
- Contributor: Bartels, Peggielene
- Date: 2015-03-31
Film, VideoRoads Taken: Jewish Peddlers & Their American Journeys
- Contributor: Diner, Hasia
- Date: 2018-05-07
Film, VideoThe Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family
- Contributor: Jacobs, Linda
- Date: 2016-06-07
Film, VideoThe Orthodox Church in Georgia Since Independence
- Contributor: Crego, Paul
- Date: 2016-06-02