Film, Video Introduction to the Global Legal Information Network
About this Item
- Introduction to the Global Legal Information Network
- The Global Legal Information Network is a database of the official texts of laws and other complementary legal materials from a growing number of jurisdictions throughout the world. From their offices at The Law Library of Congress, GLIN Director Janice Hyde and Comparative Law Specialist Hanibal Goitom explain the principals and practices of this network that shares its laws in order to promote global legal understanding.
- Event Date
- June 04, 2009
- - Hanibal Goitom is a comparative law specialist in the Law Library of Congress.
- - Janice Hyde is the director of GLIN.
- Related Resources
- Law Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/law/
- Running Time
- 8 minutes 7 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Introduction to the Global Legal Information Network. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4596/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Introduction to the Global Legal Information Network. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4596/.
MLA citation style:
Introduction to the Global Legal Information Network. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4596/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBuilding and Preserving the Cultural Heritage of the New Republic of South Sudan
- Contributor: Dau, John Bul - Harper, Marieta - Batiste, Angel - Oyewole, Abioye - Goitom, Hanibal
- Date: 2012-11-14
Film, VideoMagna Carta's Legal Legacy: Conversation with Chief Justice Roberts & Lord Judge
- Contributor: Roberts Jr., John G. - Judge, Lord Igor - Mao, David S.
- Date: 2014-11-05
Film, VideoMagna Carta: Selecting & Conserving Primary Resources
- Date: 2014-08-20
Film, VideoMagna Carta's Legacy: A Conversation with Senator Patrick J. Leahy
- Contributor: Mao, David - Leahy, Patrick
- Date: 2014-12-03
Film, VideoMagna Carta's Legacy: Senator Orrin Hatch
- Contributor: Hatch, Orrin
- Date: 2014-12-05