Film, Video Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947 - and Elie Wiesel
About this Item
- Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947 - and Elie Wiesel
- Gershon Greenberg will deliver the 10th Annual Myron M. Weinstein Memorial Lecture on the Hebraic Book. The lecture was titled "Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of 1947--and Elie Wiesel." The lecture series honors Myron M. Weinstein (1927-1998), whose 29-year tenure at the Library was spent in the Hebraic Section.
- Event Date
- May 13, 2009
- - Gershon Greenberg is a professor of philosophy and religion at American University.
- Related Resources
- Jewish American Heritage Month: http://www.jewishheritage.gov/index.html
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 2 minutes,
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of- and Elie Wiesel. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4603/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of- and Elie Wiesel. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4603/.
MLA citation style:
Breaking the Holocaust Silence: A Hidden Hasidic Text of- and Elie Wiesel. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4603/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Bibliographer Encounters the Muses: Reflections on the Yiddish Theater and Its Legacy
- Contributor: Baker, Zachary M.
- Date: 2007-05-08
Film, VideoTraditional Judaism or Reform
- Contributor: Rozenblit, Marsha
- Date: 2008-05-06
Film, VideoThe Jewish Book in America
- Contributor: Sarna, Jonathan D.
- Date: 2004-06-07
Film, VideoA Modern Queen in a Traditional Role
- Contributor: Nagginda, Nnabagereka Sylvia
- Date: 2005-09-07
Film, VideoTunisia: Celebrating Fifty Years of Women's Emancipation
- Contributor: Chaabane Farouk, Alifa - Laouni, Hayet - Day O'Connor, Sandra - Charrad, Mounira
- Date: 2006-11-30