Film, Video Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
About this Item
- Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- The Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers perform a capella gospel music from Kentucky, another in the 2009 Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Event Date
- July 16, 2009
- - The Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers of Covington, Ky., are among the very few remaining quartet-style groups that still perform a cappella. The Singers, consisting of Eric Riley, Ric Jennings, Greg Page, Shaka Tyehimba, Stace Darden and Demetrius Davenport, specialize in the intricate and emotional four-part harmony "jubilee" style pioneered by such legendary groups as the Dixie Hummingbirds, the Golden Gate Quartet and the Soul Stirrers. The Brotherhood Singers started singing at the 9th Street Baptist Church in Covington. The group has performed in churches and secular music venues, as well as on television, throughout the U.S., as well as in Canada and Spain, which they have toured 14 times.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 4 minutes 59 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4626/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4626/.
MLA citation style:
Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4626/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoNorthern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Contributor: Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Date: 2013-08-07
Film, VideoCarter Family Tribute
- Contributor: Carter Family
- Date: 2005-09-20
Film, VideoThe Sama Ensemble
- Contributor: Ensemble, Sama
- Date: 2007-04-25
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends
- Contributor: Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007-03-21
- Contributor: Gandydancer Stringband
- Date: 2007-12-12