Film, Video Gwen Ifill: 2009 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Gwen Ifill: 2009 National Book Festival
- Best-selling author Gwen Ifill appears at the National Book Festival.
- September 26, 2009
- - Gwen Ifill says she "always knew" she wanted to be a journalist. The moderator and managing editor of Public Broadcasting's "Washington Week" and senior correspondent for "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer," Ifill is the best-selling author of "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama" (2009). She also moderated the vice presidential debates during the presidential elections in 2004 and 2008. Before coming to PBS, she was chief congressional and political correspondent for NBC News, White House correspondent for The New York Times and a local and national political reporter for The Washington Post. She also reported for the Baltimore Evening Sun and the Boston Herald American.
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/index.html
- Gwen Ifill: Podcast: https://www.loc.gov/podcasts/bookfest09/podcast_ifill.html
- 25 minutes 12 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gwen Ifill:National Book Festival. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4655/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Gwen Ifill:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4655/.
MLA citation style:
Gwen Ifill:National Book Festival. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4655/>.