Film, Video The Unknown Saroyan: Dickran Kouymjian
About this Item
- The Unknown Saroyan: Dickran Kouymjian
- Dedicated to the celebration of the centenary of Pulitzer Prize-winning Armenian author William Saroyan's birth, Dickran Kouymjian delivers the 14th Annual Vardanants Day Lecture.
- Event Date
- September 15, 2009
- - Dickran Koumjian is the Haig and Isabel Berberian Professor Emeritus of Armenian Studies at California State University. A friend and confidant to Saroyan during his final years, Koumjian instituted courses at Fresno State on the author's life and works. In 1996, he received a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to inventory Saroyan's manuscripts, papers, correspondence and effects in preparation for their archiving at the University of California, Berkeley, where he was subsequently appointed the second William Saroyan Visiting Professor of Armenian Studies. He has taken part in many of the activities associated with the Saroyan centennial in Paris, Yerevan, Armenia and elsewhere.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 35 minutes 3 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Unknown Saroyan: Dickran Kouymjian. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4753/.
APA citation style:
(2009) The Unknown Saroyan: Dickran Kouymjian. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4753/.
MLA citation style:
The Unknown Saroyan: Dickran Kouymjian. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4753/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoReflections on Armenia's Place in the Region and in the World
- Contributor: Lemmon, Michael C. - Lewis, Bernard - Arkoun, Mohammed - Avdoyan, Levon
- Date: 2002-04-22
Film, VideoTwelfth Annual Vardanants Day Armenian Lecture
- Contributor: Avdoyan, Levon - Alexander, Edward
- Date: 2005-04-28
Film, VideoArmenian Literary Identity
- Contributor: Bardakjian, Kevork - Avdoyan, Levon
- Date: 2012-04-19
Film, VideoThe Story Behind the Stamp
- Contributor: Therault, Kim
- Date: 2010-09-28