Film, Video Mark Ozer: The Litvak Legacy
About this Item
- Mark Ozer: The Litvak Legacy
- Dr. Mark Ozer discusses his book "The Litvak Legacy" documenting the contributions of Lithuanian Jews to the English speaking world and Israel.
- Event Date
- October 15, 2009
- - Dr. Mark Ozer, MD, is a native of Boston and currently lives in Washington, D.C. He trained in modern European history as an undergraduate at Harvard University. Since his retirement from a fruitful career as a professor of neurology, he has written and lectured extensively on the history of cities throughout the world. Ozer has authored or edited nine books on health and learning issues and most recently completed a book called "Washington, D.C.: Politics and Place." He is now working on a book on Massachusetts Avenue.
- Related Resources
- African and Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 54 minutes 51 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mark Ozer: The Litvak Legacy. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4776/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Mark Ozer: The Litvak Legacy. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4776/.
MLA citation style:
Mark Ozer: The Litvak Legacy. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4776/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTunisia: Celebrating Fifty Years of Women's Emancipation A symposium titled "Tunisia: Celebrating Fifty Years of Women's Emancipation" was sponsored jointly by the Library's African and Middle Eastern Division and the Embassy of Tunisia. Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day...
- Contributor: Chaabane Farouk, Alifa - Charrad, Mounira - Day O'Connor, Sandra - Laouni, Hayet
- Date: 2006-11-30
Film, VideoTour of Leopold Sedar Senghor Exhibit in African and Middle Eastern Division Reading Room The Library's African and Middle Eastern Division Reading Room presents a special display of Senghor memorabilia featuring signed copies of Leopold Senghor's prolific works from the private collection of Stephen H. Grant,...
- Contributor: Grant, Stephen
- Date: 2006-11-07
Film, VideoLeopold Sedar Senghor: Thinker, Statesman, Poet Souleymane Bachir Diagne, professor of philosophy and religion at Northwestern University, gave a lecture titled "Leopold Sedar Senghor: Thinker, Statesman and Poet" in a program sponsored by the African and Middle Eastern...
- Contributor: Diagne, Souleymane Bachir
- Date: 2006-11-07
Film, VideoVaclav Havel: Dissidents and Freedom Vaclav Havel conducts a forum on "Dissidents and Freedom," featuring eight dissidents and activists from around the world in a program sponsored by the John W. Kluge Center. The event included a...
- Contributor: Dobriansky, Paula - Mohammadi, Manouchehr - Kadeer, Reybia - Mihalevic, Ales - Zin, Min - Havel, Vaclav - Min, Kim Seung - Colas, Ramon Humberto - Afshari, Ali
- Date: 2007-02-20
Film, VideoLife Stories and Memory Making in South Africa Nokuthula Mazibuko presents "Life Stories and Memory Making in South Africa" in a program sponsored by the African and Middle Eastern Division and the Embassy of South Africa. During her presentation, Mazibuko...
- Contributor: Mazibuko, Nokuthula
- Date: 2007-02-26