Film, Video Korean Culture Art Program and Concert
About this Item
- Korean Culture Art Program and Concert
- Musicians and artists from around the world traveled to participate in a program acknowledging and celebrating traditional Korean music, which includes the use of 17 instruments. The event is sponsored by the Korean Team of the Asian Division, the Asian Division Friends Society, Music Division, American Folklife Center, the Korea Foundation, and the KORUS House at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
- Event Date
- October 29, 2009
- Related Resources
- Music Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/index.html
- Asian Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/asian/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 39 minutes 32 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Korean Culture Art Program and Concert. 2009. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4785/.
APA citation style:
(2009) Korean Culture Art Program and Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4785/.
MLA citation style:
Korean Culture Art Program and Concert. 2009. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-4785/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOn LOCation: Dafnis Prieto Si O Si Quartet Concerts from the Library of Congress presents Dafnis Prieto's Si O Si Quartet with guest artist Christian Howes, on location at the new Atlas Performing Arts Center. Performance: Si o Si (0:54)...
- Contributor: Prieto, Dafnis - Howes, Christian
- Date: 2010-04-24
Film, VideoStevie Wonder Performs "Sketches of a Life" Singer/songwriter Stevie Wonder, the awardee of the second Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, premieres "Sketches of a Life," a sprawling, hybrid pop-classical concerto, written between 1976 and 1994. The...
- Contributor: Wonder, Stevie
- Date: 2009-02-23
Film, Video"Justice" by Roger Reynolds Composer Roger Reynolds' operatic work "Justice," commissioned for the celebration of the Library's Bicentennial in 2000, was performed in the Great Hall of the Library's Jefferson Building. Written for actress, soprano, percussionist,...
- Contributor: Reynolds, Roger
- Date: 2001-11-30
Film, VideoCelebrating the Collection: Bernstein's Music for Piano To celebrate the centennial of Leonard Bernstein, the Library held a special, day-long event; an immersive experience anchored by an extensive display of manuscripts, letters, playbills, photographs and memorabilia, sketches, casting notes,...
- Contributor: Osterkamp, Leann
- Date: 2018-05-19
Film, VideoBernstein's America: Celebrating the Collection "West Side Stories" To celebrate the centennial of Leonard Bernstein, the Music Division held a special, day-long event; an immersive experience anchored by an extensive display of manuscripts, letters, playbills, photographs and memorabilia, sketches, casting...
- Contributor: Pattison, Benjamin - Kalbfleisch, Jon - Olivera, Tracy - Miller, Cait
- Date: 2018-05-19